Here is a list of humans who do sensitivity and diversity editing.
Do you have a sensitivity/diversity editor who you highly recommend? Contact us about them! At this time, we are only considering editors who are disabled, d/Deaf, neurodiverse, Spoonie, and/or those who manage mental illness. Intersectionality with gender, race, culture, and sexual orientation is most welcome!
Please note that we’ve added spaces within the email addresses. You will have to remove the spaces when you contact the sensitivity editor through email.
Sensitivity editor for representation of people who manage mental illness.
Contact KJ through email: contact @ kellyjaiello. ca
Jacques Alek Cimeša
Sensitivity editor for works that contain neurodiverse (ADHD, chronic depression) and hard of hearing characters.
Contact Jacques by email: jecimesa @ gmail .com
Offers sensitivity consultations and editing for any of his marginalizations, including but not limited to:
- autistic spectrum
- d/Deaf characters
- transmasc and trans male experiences
- parental abuse
- asexual and aromantic spectrum
- chronic illness (contact for specifics)
- psychosis, bipolar, Cluster B personality disorders and (C)PTSD
- mixed/uncertain racial identity
Sensitivity editor for characters who manage mental illness, including Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)
Contact Nathan by email: nathancarofrechette @ gmail .com
Sensitivity editor for ableist terms or expressions.
Kohent Talia C. Johnson
Sensitivity editor for queer, trans, and/or autistic representation.
Sensitivity specialties: Blindness and visual impairments. Gay male characters.
Accepts paid work only. Payments can be negotiated.
Sensitivity editor for tropes regarding Indigenous representation, and/or for disability and mental illness representation.
Contact April by email: 10thmuse @ gmail. com
Dorothy Ellen Palmer
Sensitivity editor for senior representation and/or disabled folks with physical disabilities.
Contact Dorothy by email: dep230 @ yahoo .com
Jennifer Lee Rossman
Offers sensitivity reading for the following:
- Power wheelchairs
- Spinal muscular atrophy
- Being bisexual
- Being nonbinary (assigned female at birth)
- Living in a group home
- Living in a nursing home
- Emotional abuse and manipulation
Offers sensitivity reading regarding voice issues, dysphonia, autoimmune issues, arthritis.
You can contact Amelia by email: Ameliasides5 @ gmail .com
Offers sensitivity editing advice for the following:
- LGBTQ issues (specifically ace, trans, and non-binary)
- own-voices perspectives regarding mental health (such as depression, anxiety, light OCD, and body dysmorphia/gender dysphoria)
- issues surrounding body positivity, eating disorders (mostly anorexia), and associated thoughts and behaviours
Visit Andrew’s website for more information and contact them by email: carnivorousminds @ gmail .com